Key West Grilled Chicken
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. Red Bell Pepper, Finely Chopped
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- In a shallow bowl combine soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, garlic, bell pepper and cilantro, mixing well.
- For Grilled Breasts:
- Place chicken breast halves into the mixture, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- For Grilled Kebabs (or Skewers)
- Cut the chicken into 1-2" cubes, skewer onto bamboo sticks that have been soaked in water for 5 minutes, and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill the marinated meats over medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear. For the skewers, grill about 3 minutes per side, turning occasionally.
- Serve with fresh salad,
- steamed veggies, grilled potato wedges or any of your favorite sides.
- For Key West grilled shrimp, substitute 2 pounds of fresh jumbo shrimp for the chicken. The shrimp will take 2-5 minutes to grill depending on the size. Rule of thumb- when the shrimp looks like the letter "C" its done. If it looks like an "L", it's still raw/rare, and if it looks like an "O"- it's overdone!