Bacon Tortellini Bake
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 6 strips bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Add broccoli for last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat. Reduce heat to medium low and add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once boiling, cook and stir 3 - 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. Remove heat and stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Add the tortellini, broccoli, and bacon to the sauce and stir to combine. Pour into a large casserole dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake for about 15 minutes or until bubbly.