Red Velvet Cake Pops
- 1 box red velvet cake mix + whatever package calls for to make it
- 2/3 container cream cheese frosting
- 8 ounces white Candi-Quik or Wilton Candy Melts
- vegetable oil
- lollipop sticks
- sprinkles (optional)
- styrofoam block or cake pop stand
- Bake your cake according to the box’s instructions.
- Crumble cake into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in frosting and combine until a dough forms.
- Form small (about 2 tablespoons) balls and in a small bowl, melt a small amount of candy melts (just enough to cover the ends of sticks).
- Dip each lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and stick into a cake pop about halfway through. Repeat until all cake balls are done.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours. Let cake balls sit out at room temperature for a few minutes to protect against cracking.
- Melt additional chocolate and add vegetable oil 1/2 tbsp at a time, until you reach a thin, smooth consistency for dipping.
- Dip the cake pops into the chocolate and coat completely. Optionally, top with rainbow sprinkles.
- Stick cake pops into styrofoam block or cake pop stand to let dry. Enjoy!!