Sopapilla Cheesecake


Who would have thought that cinnamon sugar, puffy warm bread and cream cheese filling would blend together in a totally divine delicious way? I always think of cheesecake with fruit or chocolates, never did I think of combining it with flaky golden pastry and sweet cinnamon sugar. Mind. Blown. Mouth. Happy.

I love sopapilla and I adore cheesecake so while the combo of the two of them unheard of, it was a must try for me. Using Pillsbury crescent dough made this dessert a snap to throw together and I could hardly wait to get it out of the pan and into my belly. This stuff baking filled my house with cinnamony goodness.
I realized after making them bite sized (and eating about a dozen) that they tasted pretty much like an inside out cinnamon roll. But with a little more emphasis on the cream cheese-y frosting part. Cinnamon sugar glory!


Sopapilla Cheesecake

Ingredients:


  • 1/4 cup butter (melted)
  • 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese (softened)
  • 2 cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Cinnamon & sugar (1 tablespoon cinnamon to 4 tablespoons sugar)
  • 1 cup sugar


Directions:


  1. Unroll and spread 1 can crescent rolls on bottom of un-greased 9×13 pan. Press all the seams together.
  2. Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spread mixture over crescent rolls.
  3. Unroll and spread remaining crescent rolls over mixture. I found that rolling it out on a piece of parchment paper and then flipping it over onto the cream cheese mixture worked well.
  4. Spread melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.