Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Ball Awesomeness

Be warned, these are the tastiest, yummiest things ever. Seriously. Overwhelming deliciousity. If you make them, you will eat half of them, or more. Just to give you an idea of how good they are, I made them for a cookie exchange with my husband's extended family two years ago. Last year, when I made a different cookie, there was nearly a huge revolt and a call for my burning at the stake. They had mercy on me though and trust me this year, I will be bringing these once again.

Recipe

Mix together:
2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cup rice krispies
1lb (3cup) powdered sugar1/4 cup melted butter

Make balls and dip in melted:
 2 (maybe 3) package milk chocolate chips

Put on cookie sheets in fridge to harden. Enjoy.
Makes about 70 balls.



Okay so just to give a few pointers since I've been making these since I was a little child. They are kind of labor intensive. Once you get the powdered sugar in, it is almost impossible to stir. I wash my hands really good and end up using my hands to mix in the rice krispies. I gave a friend the recipe and she used a mixer. She said it turned out good, but I am too afriad to ruin a good thing so I stick with what I know.

Depending on the peanut butter you use, you may have to add more powdered sugar. You will know when you try to make a ball. If it is too sticky, add more. I've always had to add more except this year I used my new favorite peanut butter, Skippy Natural with honey. The recipe worked perfectly. If the balls are too crumbly, add more peanut butter.

The original recipe my mom used called for a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips and a bar of milk chocolate. They are still really good like this, but I prefer just to go all out and use all milk chocolate. Yep that's how I roll. And it seems that no matter how much chocolate I melt, I have to melt more so make sure you have extra on hand.

If you have left over melted chocolate, you can always use it creatively doing something else. That is how a family favorite-chocolate covered BACON!! was born in our house. Also awesomeness.

You're very welcome.