Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Makes about 2 1/2 quarts
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- 6 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar. In a saucepan set on medium heat, bring the milk and the cream to boiling point, slowly pour a small amount on the egg yolks to temper. Pour the remaining over the yolks and sugar.
- Stir well then pour back in the saucepan and cook over medium low heat until the cream thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the cream cheese until completely melted and incorporated. Cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Process in an ice cream maker until it has reached soft-serve stage and almost doubled in size.
- Mash blueberries lightly, then mix in with ice cream and place in the freezer to harden, which will take about 2 hours. Serve in bowls or ice cream cones and enjoy!