This recipe is really simple and I had my cheesecake in the oven in almost no time at all. Shortly after I got the cheesecake in the oven my apartment filled up with the amazing aroma of baking gorgonzola! By the time that I pulled it out of the oven I could barely restrain myself from digging in right away and at least letting it cool a bit.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces gorgonzola (or other blue cheese, crumbled)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until smooth.
- Mix in the sour cream and gorgonzola.
- Pour the mixture into 2 4 inch springform pans (or 8 holes in a muffin pan).
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until set, about 20-30 minutes minutes.
Vanilla Pear Compote
- 2 bartlett or bosc pears (peeled, cored and cut into pite sized pieces)
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoon sugar (I used vanilla sugar)
- 1/2 vanilla bean (split and scraped)
- Place enerything in a small sauce pan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the pears are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pears and set aside.
- Increase the temperature and simmer to reduce to a syrupy texture.
- Mix the pears back into the syrup.
Note : The recipe for this savoury cheesecake perfectly portioned for two as a light meal when made in a pair of four inch spring form pans. You could also make this recipe as more of an appetizer if you used a muffin pan.