Listen, sometimes you just want to dump some chicken in a pot and throw some sauce on top of it. That’s great, and those meals are usually ones the kids and grown-ups will both enjoy, but the problem is, those dishes are often not very visually appealing
Not this Crock Pot Chicken Broccoli Alfredo, though. It’s pretty and it’s really a perfect meal for those who don’t have time to “make” dinner in the morning. Between throwing together lunches, reminding kids to grab their library books, and feeding the dog, mornings can be wild.
This meal can be prepared in the time it takes your kids to brush their teeth, and it tastes great. True story.Ingredients
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 jars Alfredo sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen broccoli cuts
- ½ pound bowtie pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan, for garnish
- Place chicken in Crock Pot, and add salt and pepper.
- Dump sauce on top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add broccoli, cover again, and cook for 1 more hour.
- Toss with cooked pasta, and top with parmesan and parsley. l